Monday, February 20, 2012

Sergey Tyukanov

Enter into the magical, whimsical, mystical and surreal world of Sergey Tyukanov. He was born May 17, 1955, in Poronaisk, Russia. In 1981 he received his Master’s Degree in the graphic arts. He currently works and lives in Kaliningrad and Chicago as a free artist. His work is collected widely in the United States and Europe, where he has separate following for his etchings, ex libris prints, and his paintings, watercolors and drawings.
“Each person has his or her own idea of the world. Pictures are the window to the world of the artist, who has an opportunity to create things that are impossible in the real world. My world is the world of the metamorphosis and paradox, which are reality for me, and this reality I materialize in my works. I like to be surprised and astonished, I like to surprise and astonish myself.”














No comments: